The South Island Secondary School Champs were held in Oamara on August 24 and 25.teststarter Teams from all over the South Island in what was reported to be a great competition. Full results, tournament teams and final results can be found here. SISS Boys Tournament team from top L-R. Allan McDonald (SBHS), Paul Ritcher (James Hargest), Kevin-Dean Huxtable (Greymouth), Alec Adamson (James Hargest), Ryan O’Connor (Greymouth), Aaron Blyleven (Middleton), Dave Buter (Middleton) and Jeremy Flett (Middleton) SISS Girls Tournament team from top L-R. Eleanor Hay (Otago Girls), Anna Flett (James Hargest), Hannah Redman (Middleton), Lydia Nutall (Middleton), Kelly McMillan (Middleton), Katie Flett (James Hargest) and Ella Hall (James Hargest)300-209
The Board of New Zealand Canoe Polo are pleased to announce the following national team coaches for the 2014 World Championships campaign.
Peter Housiaux (Head Coach) and Nick Burnett (Assistant Coach) continue their well established coaching collaboration with the Women’s Squad having now worked together for World Champs, Oceania, and World Games campaigns. These coaches have chosen to have a change in emphasis for the 2014 Tour which will see Pete working more closely with the seniors and Nick having more focus on the U21s.
Steve Hunt retains his now long held position as Head Coach of the Men’s Squad. Steve coached at his first World Champs in Amsterdam in 2006 and the 2014 event will be his fifth as a World Champs coach. Steve is joined by Mike Taylor as Assistant Coach. Steve and Mike formed an effective coaching relationship during the 2013 Oceania Champs campaign that they are looking forward to building on in 2014.
The 2014 World Championships are being held in Thury-Harcourt, France from 24 – 28 September.
The draw for the Intersecondary School Championships March 2013 is now available.
New Zealand Canoe Polo will be selecting teams to compete at the 2014 World Championships in France during September. We are now calling for applications from people interested in filing a NZ selector position. teststarter Selection
<h1>South Island Schools Championships</h1>
The 5th New Zealand Canoe Polo South Island Schools Championships are being held at the Splash Palace aquatic centre in Invercargill on 2nd & 3rd August.
Entries should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following information:
School contact information
Category entered – U19 Open, U15 Open, U19 Girls or U15 Girls Player list – include names and dates of birth
Contact details for person in charge of team (phone and email)
* Ages are at 00:00 1/1/2014 Entries close Friday 4th July.
The entry fee of $100 + GST ($115) per team should be paid by direct credited to 02 0876 0048375 00. Please include your schools name as a reference and ensure this is paid by the 4th July. GST invoices can be provided on request.
• Categories may be combined at the discretion of the organisers if required by entry numbers. Should a low number of entries be received, the event may take the form of a mini tournament and player development.
• Teams must only have players from one school.
• The draw will be sent by email to the team contacts and posted on www.canoepolonz.org.nz .
• The pool is booked from 8am – 8pm Saturday and 8am – 3pm Sunday. Depending on entries these hours may be reduced. So please contact me before travel/accommodation is confirmed.
• Hire gear is available from the local Invercargill club @ $5 per player. Payment for gear will be required prior to the first game.
• All teams will be required to assist with duty and refereeing.
• NZCPA rules 2012 will be used, but without the shot clock. (Also no pushing in U15 grade)
• Upper arm covering must be worn – e.g: Rashie, Polyprop top or T-shirt.<a href="http://www.teststarter.com/C4040-109.html">C4040-109</a>
New Zealand Teams will be competing at the 2014 World Championships in Thury-Harcourt, France during September.
See more information on the competition here.
– 30th March. Check out our up and coming stars in action.
European Canoe Polo Cup
6-7 September 2014